Monday, May 10, 2010

"Just Around the Corner", oil on board, 14 x 11 inches


I'm finally back in front of the easel. If you've been wondering where I've been - I'm well but busy with the gallery. Now that Spring has sprung I'm back painting - it took a few messy attempts to get back into the swing of things - but last week I took my time with this little plein air piece and enjoyed it so much! It is so refreshing to be out in God's "open air", smelling the combination of freshly mowed grass and oil paints, listening to the birds flittering all around and being amongst fellow artists enthusiastic about the discovery of the perfect little scene. I praise the Lord for being blessed with the opportunity to be an artist and share the experience with others. Thank you for your patience and I hope I'll have many new posts to share!

2 comments:

  1. This has such a wonderful sunlit feel to it, and I like being drawn in to the painting by the grass path. Lots to look at that holds my interest while I am there - this is very nice, Lyn!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I appreciate your nice comment, Claire - and thanks for checking in!

    ReplyDelete